Friday, July 19, 2013

Great news!

I am so excited! I spoke to my caseworker at the program through which I attend college, and she told me that due to a combination of factors that seem to include good grades and a lack of available jobs, I will not be required to exit the program and begin meeting minimum work requirements until I have completed the first two years! This means I will be able to stay in college full time next year and obtain my A.S. before starting work. That will greatly improve my job outlook, both from the education and the work perspective. I will have three semesters of work study and hopefully some volunteer time to show on my resume, instead of just one.

Of course, now that I'm ready to sign up for all my spring classes, the school website is down for maintenance. Hehe. Thorns....

No comments:

Post a Comment