Friday, July 26, 2013

Andy's song

This morning Andy came to me with a piece of paper. He had written a poem on it and labeled it "Learox" (Lyrics). I'm not going to post it word for word, because it's actually quite beautiful and I wouldn't want anyone to steal it. But it made me want to cry.

He's been having a hard time with not seeing his father, and has cried a lot more in the past two months. He has also stopped talking about his dad. At the same time, his overall behavior has been much better.

The poem he wrote basically talked about how he had cried and cried for so long, and then he looked into my eyes and his heart finally "rised." He insisted on using that word even though I explained it's not actually a word. It was very sweet and reminded me again what an artistic soul he has.

No comments:

Post a Comment