Thursday, July 4, 2013

Hello Again!

So, here I am again. It's so embarrassing to be switching blogs again after all this time. Hopefully I have worked through all the emotions and grief and confusion of the past 10 years, and am ready to start a REAL blog. You know, the kind that doesn't air out all my laundry and make it obvious I don't have a counselor. Hehe.

Over the past year I have separated permanently and finally divorced from my drug-addicted husband, the father of my 3 children; gone through a career development course where I learned a lot about myself; discovered an interest in American Sign Language and working with the Deaf Community; begun college; and most recently, joined the Orthodox Christian church after many years of dissatisfaction with the fundamentalist form of Christianity I was raised in. This dissatisfaction eventually spread to the entire Protestant tradition, and I feel very happy going back to what I consider my roots by joining the earliest established Christian church.

I want this blog to be a blog about single motherhood, family connections, religion, and eventually my interactions with the Deaf Community. Maybe it will morph into some sort of an advocacy blog over time. I hope that people will feel inspired when they read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment